Gordon W. Ruley
Gordon Ruley was raised in Mission where he was a realtor with Block Bros. Realty for three years before attending Simon Fraser University. After obtaining his Bachelor of Arts Degree from SFU in 1980, he studied law at the University of British Columbia. He obtained his LLB and was called to the Bar in 1982.
Mr. Ruley has been a partner of our firm since 1983, specializing in Real Estate, Land Development, Corporate and Business Law, Wills, Estates and Estate Planning. Aside from his professional duties and experience, Mr. Ruley has volunteered his services in the community, serving in such capacities as:
- Chairman of the Expo 86 Committee
- Founding Member of the Mission Foundation
- Director, Mission Chamber of Commerce
- Chairman, Mission Home and Leisure Show Committee
- Honorary Rotary Member and twice awarded the Paul Harris Fellowship for distinguished service to the community
- Chairman, Mission Rotary Fund Raising Committee for 16 years
- Team sponsor and coach, Mission Minor Softball Association
Over the years, Mr. Ruley has coached and been active in minor sports and he has also generously donated his time and resources to helping those in need. As a rotarian, Mr. Ruley epitomizes the Rotary Test of "Service Before Self".
Gordon Ruley is the proud father of 6 children and 8 grandchildren. When he is not practicing law, he spends time with family and his partner Karen. Together, Gordon and Karen enjoy travelling, gardening, golf, boating, cycling, exploring the great outdoors, and sampling exotic cuisines.